“Buying directly from the source . . . gives the buyer the opportunity to make sure first-hand that the animals are well-treated, allowed to pasture and live a natural, cage-free, cruelty-free life. Happier animals produce better meat.” –Chef Dan Wu
Direct to Consumers Sales at the Farm
$400 Whole Lamb
• You can purchase a Four Hills Farm lamb that is USDA inspected and processed
• The lamb will average 110 lbs. live weight and 55 lbs. carcass weight
• You will receive approximately 50 lbs. of processed meat that is vacuum packed and frozen
• Standard cuts include: 2 leg roasts, 2 racks of lamb, 5 packs of loin chops, 2 lamb shanks, 2 boneless shoulder rolls (or 9 packs of blade chops) your choice, 8 packs of ground lamb, 1 pack of liver, kidneys and heart
• We can have the meat cut-up to your specifications if requested
• Example: One lamb costs $400; you receive approximatley 50 lbs. of meat for your freezer = $8.00 per lb.
• A deposit of $100 is required when you place the order
• It will take one to two weeks for your lamb order to be ready
• We will call you when the lamb order is ready to be picked up at our farm in Salvisa, KY
• Let us know if you have questions.
* We also sell frozen lamb by the retail cut at the farm. Call us to arrange a time when you can come out to the farm and purchase some lamb.
This article in The Chevy Chaser by chef Dan Wu documents How and Why to Buy a Whole Lamb. It was great to have Dan visit the farm and cook with our lamb.